![]() |
| Stone River National Battlefield |
052926 - 053026 I left the day after the Baron's game and headed back north into Tennessee and camped at Poole Knob Campground (Army Corps. of Engineers) My site was at the top of the knob and for the first day I was the only camper. There was a Bald Eagle Protection Act. sign on the road in front of my site. This must mean there is a nest nearby, so I looked around and found what looked like a big nest in the tall trees between me and the next site. I kept checking it but I did not see an eagle. Later, after returning from my geocaching hike, a pair of Bird watchers parked on the road and were looking at the nest. Sure enough we could see the big bird in the nest. My campsite is protected by eagles! I wonder if it knows Gwaihir
I left early the next morning so I could attempt the Wherigo at the Stone River National Battlefield before heading west to Arkansas. There was a Regular Geocache inside the visitor center, all you need to do is ask the nice ranger. This was also the starting point for GC3X6XN Wherigo cache. 😀 Found it. Even after visiting and completing the tour and finding the cache I have a hard time with understanding the magnitude of this battle and the number of lives lost. The sheer will to fight fellow Americans and cause so much destruction is unfathomable. My trip to Tennessee starts with a symbol of freedom and a grim reminder of the American sacrifice for freedom. The wherigo was very well done. Luckily there was nobody present at the final GZ, a chops of trees in a strip mall that is being used as someones shelter. But I found the container without disturbing too much.
![]() |
| TTM 81 - 2.0/2.5 - Stones River Battlefield |



No comments:
Post a Comment